I am so happy to be part of this charity blog hop to help raise money for youth programming. Coffee Oasis is a coffee shop/organization located in Washington State that provides help for youth including programs for drug abuse, homelessness, violence and poverty. You can read more about their programs HERE.
Kat Scrappiness, Sandpaper Road and a host of other crafters and sponsors encourage you to spend a few days “hopping along” through some wonderful projects! Be inspired to create and be inspired to give your own contribution to the cause!
THE OFFICIAL BLOG HOP PAGE STARTS HERE:
For my contribution, I wanted to create a coffee-themed holiday card. I am a coffee LOVER and I instantly fell in love with the “Let’s Get Caffeinated” stamp set by Kat Scrappiness. I also picked up the “Caramel Latte Sequin Mix” for accents. I LOVE the blend of interesting shapes and textures in the mix!
I started with a holiday color palette inspired by a Pinterest pin (learn more about using Pinterest color palettes to inspire your cardmaking in my previous blog post HERE).
Once I had my colors, I first embossed a wintry background on a piece of kraft cardstock and lightly sanded the surface. Then, I adhered a strip of olive and a piece of burgundy cardstock to my embossed kraft cardstock. I die cut the entire 3-piece panel using the “Label Rectangle Stitched” die from Creek Bank Creations.
I edged the die cut shape and the card base with some Black Soot Distress Ink. Then, using foam adhesive, I adhered the panel to a torn piece of corrugated cardstock (also edged in Black Soot Distress Ink). Then, I stamped the coffee cup image onto white cardstock using Ranger Ink – Wendy Vecchi – Archival Ink Pads – Fern Green and fussy-cut out the image. I used my Scotch Advanced Tape Glider to adhere the image to the textured, die-cut panel and Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere individual sequin pieces above the cup. For a finishing touch, I added a drop of Ranger Ink – Glossy Accents – Clear Dimensional Embellishment – 2 ounces to the top of each sequin.
Then, I stamped a few of the coffee beans using Ranger Ink – Wendy Vecchi – Archival Ink Pads – Potting Soil and fussy cut them out, as well. I used the same Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the beans, too. It still needed a little something, so I held together a piece of white chiffon ribbon and a piece of gold cord and hand-tied a double bow. Then I adhered it to the card with more Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
Also, check out the full video tutorial (click the photo thumbnail below):
Please keep in mind that the following sponsors have agreed to donate a portion of their sales during this hop to the Coffee Oasis so please visit them and remember that if you place an order, you will be donating and supporting Coffee Oasis as well! These sponsors are also providing prizes to the hoppers as well!
Kat Scrappiness is offering 15% off EVERYTHING IN THE STORE and is donating 15% of all sales during this blog hop to Coffee Oasis! Use coupon code: COFFEEOASIS to save! We are also giving away gift packages!
Jessica Lynn Original is donating 8% of all sales during the blog hop to Coffee Oasis!
The following sponsors have generously donated prizes to give away to our hoppers and visitors!
Prizes being donated by our sponsors:
- A Jillian Vance Design – $25.00 Gift Card
- Art Impressions – Latte Love Stamp Set
- Avery Elle – One Holiday Glass stamp set and one Punny Pantry stamp set
- Brutus Monroe – $25.00 Gift Card
- Cathy Zielske – Free class of winner’s choice
- Concord & 9th – $50.00 Gift Card
- Doodles Paper Playground – (1) full size set of the December 6th Release Sparkle Blends sequin mixes
- Gina K Designs – (2) $50.00 Gift Cards
- Gina Marie Designs – $15.00 Gift Card
- Honeybee Stamps – $25.00 Gift Card
- Janes Doodles – $50.00 Gift Card
- Jennifer McGuire – $100 Care Package
- Jessica Lynn Original – One Stamp Set of Winner’s Choice! (PLUS 8% of all sales go directly to Coffee Oasis!)
- Joy Clair – $25.00 Gift Card
- Kat Scrappiness – is offering 15% off EVERYTHING IN THE STORE and is donating 15% of all sales during this blog hop to Coffee Oasis! Use coupon code: COFFEEOASIS to save! We are also giving away FOUR gift packages, each valued at $25.00 or MORE! We also have a care package from HERO ARTS to give away!
- Karen Burniston (KB Riley) – (2) sets of the dies used in the video
- Lawn Fawn – $25 Gift Card
- Lindy’s Stamp Gang – $25 Gift Card
- Magnuson Custom Stamps – One FREE Custom Made Stamp!
- Neat & Tangled – $15.00 Gift Card
- Newton’s Nook – $25.00 Gift Card
- Not2Shabby Shop – Five (5) Coffee First stamp sets.
- Paper Smooches – $25.00 Gift Card
- Precious Remembrance Shop – One (1) Everyday Stamp Set
- Pretty Pink Posh – Three (3) $30.00 Gift Cards
- Rinea – $25.00 Gift Card
- Scor-Pal – Three Gift Packs with products such as the Full Size Scor Pal, Scor-Tape and the Scor-Bug Embosser.
- Scrapping For Less – $15.00 Gift Card
- Technique Tuesday – $20.00 Gift Card
- Trinity Stamps – $30.00 Gift Card
- Whimsy Stamps – Two (2) $25.00 Gift Cards
- White Rose Crafts LLC – Two (2) $25.00 Gift Cards
You can also donate directly to Coffee Oasis HERE. Even if you can only donate $1 or $5, every little bit will help a child in need.
Don’t forget to LIKE this post, FOLLOW the Sandpaper Road blog, and leave a comment below! Also, make sure to FOLLOW the Kat Scrappiness blog as well! Check back with the Kat Scrappiness blog posts to see the prize winners!
42 thoughts on “Holiday Coffee Card by Sandpaper Road – CHARITY BLOG HOP to benefit “The Coffee Oasis” – with Kat Scrappiness”
Love all the details on this beautiful card!
Your card is really lovely!
I like the subtle embossing!
Wow! Beautiful card!!!
Your card looks so elegant, love the colours and embossing details.
These colors are so rich and the embossing really adds a touch of elegance! Beautiful!!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
Cute coffee mug, love the layout!
Your card is gorgeous! I love the colors and that torn, vintage look!
Great card! I love the texture on it.
Beautiful card. I love those colors and all the little details that you added to make it so wonderful.
Thank you all for the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful cause! I have truly enjoyed “hopping” along to visit everyone’s blog posts!
Wonderful card, love all the texture you added.
Love your card! Love your color combo!
this is a fabulous card!! The colors are so unusual, I love it.
Very beautiful and elegant. I love the bow.
I love mixed media so this card really speaks to me, it is gorgeous! I love the colors and the different textures and how it comes together with a warm feeling (perfect for coffee lol). I agree the Caramel Latte Sequin Mix is awesome. Thank you for sharing this card and for the inspiration, I will definitely be creating one along these lines very soon! (email@example.com) #KatScrappinessCharityBlogHop #CoffeeOasis #KatScrappiness #AwarenessMatters
Love all the details
Great card, love the vintage look.
So elegant and pretty!
Beautiful card, thank you for sharing!
Love the many textures and layers on your card.
luv all of the texture and colors and……!
Love the different textures you incorporated into your card. Very nice!
Such a pretty card 🙂
Great card. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful texture with the embossing and corrugated cardboard!
The sentiments in this set perfect! And I wholeheartedly agree with all of them! I also love the wintery background embossing!
Great layers & textures on this card! Great job!!!
Beautiful card. I love all the detail and texture.
A beautiful card. Love the corrugated paper, too.
Great design! Love this!
How pretty all of the delicate details are!
I love the vintage colors and look! What an elegant card!
Such a pretty card. I love the vintage feel it’s got to it!
Love your choice of colors. Makes for a rich looking card. Thanks and hugs
Wonderful color combination makes for a gorgeous card!
Awesome card! I love how you layered the different color papers behind the coffee cup! Beautiful bow too!
Cute card. TFS Hugs & Blessings Lisa
Love your colors on this card.
Love the detail on this card! 🙂