Papercraft like a PRO using the “Onesie” die from Papertrey Ink! It’s QUICK and EASY! Watch the complete video tutorial here:
1. Start with 1 sheet 8.5″ x 11″ colored cardstock and 1 sheet 8.5″ x 11″ white cardstock. Cut the colored cardstock in half, lengthwise. Then fold ONE of the colored halves in half to make an A2-sized, top-folding greeting card base (4.25″ x 5.5″). Set aside.
2. Cut ONE “Onesie” die cut shape from the remaining half of the colored cardstock. Set aside. Also cut ONE “Onesie” die cut shape from the white cardstock. Emboss this white die-cut shape as desired with an embossing folder. If desired, ink the outside edges of the white die-cut shape with a coordinating “baby-colored” ink of your choice. Then, with scissors or a paper trimmer, cut out a strip of the die-cut shape across the “chest” of the onesie (about 1/2″ or 3/4″ wide, depending on your preference). Locate the colored die-cut onesie shape from earlier. Adhere the 2 pieces of white onesie die-cut to the colored die-cut onesie shape, lining up the edges of the white onesie with the edges of the colored onesie. Set aside.
3. Use the remaining white cardstock to stamp a sentiment for the front of the card and another sentiment for the inside of the card. These examples show stamps and ink from Stampin’ Up!. Die cut the sentiments as desired. These examples show scalloped circle dies from Spellbinders and stitched rectangle dies from Whitelotous. Set aside sentiments. Wrap a flat strip of ribbon around the onesie piece and secure on the back with adhesive. Use another piece of ribbon to tie around that first ribbon strip in the front, OR create a bow and then adhere with a glue dot to the first ribbon strip. Adhere the front sentiment to the onesie shape with dimensional adhesive. Set aside.
4. Locate the colored A2-sized top-folding card from step one. Carefully line up the folded top of the card with the dotted line on the die. Die cut the entire card. Test and make sure the die cut folded card stays intact when it opens and closes.
5. Place adhesive on the die-cut folded card front. Adhere the decorated full-sized onesie card panel to the front of the folded die-cut onesie-shaped card, lining everything up at the bottom edges. Adhere remaining stamped sentiment on the inside of the card as desired.
Imagine using this same technique to make congratulations baby cards, shower invitations, shower gift thank you cards, infant baptism/christening cards, or even happy “birth”day cards! This die is also perfect for use in a scrapbook baby album! Use as a tag, use for journaling, or even use to frame a small photo!
Please note that at the time of this posting, I am not in any way affiliated with Papertrey Ink. I just really like this die! You can purchase this die from Papertrey Ink here: https://www.papertreyink.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_str=onesie+die
If you enjoyed this post, please LIKE and SHARE with your crafty friends! Don’t forget to click “FOLLOW” to be the first to know when Sandpaper Road posts something new on the blog! Thank you!